Let me count the ways…..
- Is it priced to be competitive with other current active listings?
- Is it priced to be competitive with the prices of homes that recently sold?
- Is it priced the same percentage above list price as other recently sold homes?
- Besides plopping it in MLS did the agent do any marketing?
- Was at least one E-Blast done about your home?
- Was a postcard sent?
- Did your home get professional photography? (THIS IS A BIG ONE)
- Did your home get aerial photography?
- Did your home get a 3D tour?
- Did your home get professional video?
- Did the agent send out a “Just Listed” postcard?
- Did you get a professional glossy brochure?
- Did your home get social media exposure?
- Did your home have maximized search engine optimization?
- Did your home have internet advertising?
- Did your agent have a marketing plan?
- Did you get plenty of showings but no offers?
- Did you have adequate communication with your agent?
- Did you cut the commission, thereby demotivating your agent from spending money and demotivating the showing agents from promoting your home?
- Did you list for a long enough period that the listing agent was motivated to spend money on marketing it?
- Did you list with an agent who has good relationships with other agents?
- Does your home have an offensive odor?
- Is your home in showing condition?
- Was your agent brave enough to tell you what you NEED to hear and not just what you WANT to hear?
- Did you allow showings when agents wanted to show without advance notices limits?
- Real Estate is a team sport. Were you and your agent both good players??
No? Maybe that’s why. 🙂